Information for Parents and CarersAs a parent or carer, you want to help your child succeed. Apprenticeships are a popular alternative to college or 6th form study, with around half a million apprenticeship starts a year. Apprenticeships are available to anyone over the age of 16 who has clear career ideas and wants to start a job with structured training.
Key BenefitsHere are just a few of the benefits an apprentice will experience. They will:
• Earn a wage and receive holiday pay
• Get an insight into the reality of working
• Be trained in the skills employers want
• Gain the understanding and knowledge required to work on the salon floor
• Achieve an industry recognised qualification.
• Learn at a pace suited to them with the support of their college tutor